Welcome to Hansa New Zealand, home of our global headquarters! We have a number of local offices around the world. If we have zoned you incorrectly, please select from the following options.
HANSA global industrial limited warranty
For the purposes of this warranty document, “HANSA” means HANSA Products Limited and any of its international subsidiary companies. Refer to contact details below for further information.
HANSA warrants each new HANSA chipper (“HANSA product”) free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and routine servicing, for the warranty periods and subject to the limitations and exclusions detailed below.
HANSA offers a special extended warranty period (“Extended Warranty”) to new HANSA products purchased from an authorised HANSA dealer. The Extended Warranty period is set out below. In order to take advantage of the Extended Warranty you must:
- Register your HANSA product through the HANSA warranty registration process and identify your HANSA product by its machine serial number. Registration must be completed with ten (10) days from the date of purchase. Your warranty registration confirmation email is your identification for warranty service; and
- Have your registered HANSA product maintained in accordance with the schedule contained in the relevant owner’s manual supplied with the product by an authorised HANSA dealer for the applicable territory. In order to ensure the safe operation of your HANSA product, we strongly recommend that you only use an authorised HANSA dealer for servicing. The cost of routine or required maintenance and services is the responsibility of the purchaser. You must keep a record of all service and maintenance history as proof of servicing history. HANSA may request such servicing history when assessing any future warranty claim.
When making a claim for warrantable repairs under the Extended Warranty, your warranty registration must accompany the HANSA product. If the warranty registration is lost or destroyed, proof of purchase documentation clearly recognising the machine serial number shall be accepted for warranty purposes. Where neither is available and HANSA does not have any record of the purchaser’s details the warranty period shall be calculated from the appropriate dealer wholesale sale date. Any claim under the applicable Warranty must be made within the relevant warranty period specified below.
The Extended Warranty may be subject to cancellation if the above requirements are not satisfied.
The Extended Warranty is available to domestic (non-commercial) and commercial customers (excluding commercial customers in the business of plant/equipment hire).
All HANSA products that have not complied with the Extended Warranty registration and maintenance requirements are entitled to the “Non-Registered” warranty period set out below.
Any authorised HANSA dealer is further authorised to repair or replace any part which proves defective within the limits of the Extended Warranty or Non-Registered Warranty (the “Warranties”) at no charge to the owner, covering parts and labour. Consumable items such as but not limited to oils, grease, blades and belts shall be the responsibility of the owner. All defective parts replaced under the Warranties become the property of HANSA.
You (as owner) are responsible for all shipping and transportation costs (including insurance) to and from an authorised HANSA dealer for the product subject to a warranty claim.
The warranties shall NOT APPLY TO:
- Any damage which results from neglect of periodic maintenance specified by HANSA.
- Any damage which results from repair or maintenance operations by methods other than specified by HANSA.
- Any damage which results from misuse or use beyond the limitations of the intended use specified by HANSA in the operation, maintenance and safety manual, such as overloading, including foreign objects such as stones, pieces of steel, glass etc. being dropped into the running machine or use under abnormal conditions (in HANSA’s sole judgement).
- Any damage which results from use of non-genuine parts, lubricant or fluid not approved by HANSA.
- Any damage resulting from modification or installation in other products in a way not approved by HANSA which has any influence on the function and/or performance of the products.
- Any damage which results from operation other than specified in the Owner’s Manual either intentionally or by error.
- Fading of painted surfaces, deterioration of plated surfaces, deterioration of rubber and plastics, including rusting due to the passage of time.
- Normal phenomena such as noise, vibration or oil seepage which are considered by HANSA as not affecting the quality, function or performance of the product.
- Any damage due to improper storage or transport.
- Consumable replacement items: Belts, cutting blades, anvil, serviceable bearings.
- Periodical maintenance items such as cleaning, inspection and adjustments.
- Any repair and/or adjustment performed by persons other than an authorised dealer, or damage resulting therefrom.
- Any repair and/or adjustment to correct improper or poor quality work previously performed.
- Incidental expenses incurred in the warranty claim. For example: additional expenses such as those for towing, communications, hotel and meals, incurred due to breakdown of the product at a remote location. Any expense related to personal injury and/or property damage, (exclusive of the product itself). Compensation for loss of time, commercial losses or rental costs of a substitute product during the period of adjustment.
- Any damage which results from unavoidable natural disasters, fire, collision, theft, etc.
- Any normal wear or deterioration, such as that of sliding or rotating parts caused under normal operating conditions. For example: Normal wear pivot points, rod ends and bearings.
- Any damage resulting from exposure of the product to soot and smoke, medicines and chemical agents, sea water, sea breeze, salt or other environmental phenomena.
- HANSA reserves the right to modify, alter and improve any product without incurring any obligation to replace any product previously sold with such modification.
- In no event shall HANSA’s liability exceed the purchase price of the product.
- Equipment and accessories not of HANSA’s manufacture (such as engine, battery and tires) are warranted only to the extent of the original manufacturer’s warranty and subject to their allowance to HANSA only if found to be defective by such manufacturer.
- HANSA reserves the right to supply remanufactured parts as it deems appropriate.
HANSA Product Warranty Period
|DOMESTIC|| COMMERCIAL |
|Non-Registered||12 months||12 months||3 months|
|Extended Warranty||36 months (Conditional)*||36 months (Conditional)*||N/A|
Each of the warranty periods stated above commence from the date on which you purchased your HANSA product.
This is a HANSA extended warranty period for products that are:
- Purchased from an authorised HANSA Dealer.
- Registered at the time of sale through the Hansa Chippers website: www.hansachippers.com/registration
- Serviced by a HANSA Dealer in accordance with the Hansa service schedule using genuine HANSA parts.
- Extended Warranty is limited to 36 months or 1000 hours, whichever occurs first.
- Meeting all other warranty requirements.
Warranty periods vary depending on whether the purchaser is: (i) a domestic (i.e. non-commercial) customer; (ii) commercial customer (excluding plant/equipment hire businesses); or (iii) a commercial customer in the business of plant/equipment hire.
1. Your rights:
- HANSA will recognise any implied rights and remedies that are available to you at law in the applicable territory and that cannot be excluded by HANSA.
- In New Zealand, Hansa Products Ltd will recognise your statutory rights under the Consumers Guarantee Act 1993 (provided that you are a consumer for the purposes of that Act).
- In Australia, this warranty is given by Hansa Products Pty Ltd. This warranty is provided in addition to other rights and remedies you have under law - our HANSA products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Laws.
2. If any provision of this warranty document is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of this warranty document and the remainder of the provisions in question will not be affected.
3. The English language version of this warranty document prevails over any translated version/s of its terms.
4. This warranty document is governed by the laws of New Zealand. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.
Hansa Products Limited
PO Box 10323
|Rest of World:|
Please refer to www.hansaproducts.com for a current list of our authorised dealers and contact details relevant to your territory.