Welcome to Hansa! We have a number of local offices around the world. If we have zoned you incorrectly, please select from the following options.
industrial limited warranty
For the purposes of this warranty document, “HANSA” means HANSA Products
Limited and any of its international subsidiary companies. Refer to contact details below for further
HANSA warrants each new HANSA chipper (“HANSA product”) free from
defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and routine servicing,
for the warranty periods and subject to the limitations and exclusions detailed
HANSA offers a special extended warranty period (“Extended Warranty”) to
new HANSA products purchased from an authorised HANSA dealer. The Extended Warranty period is set out
below. In order to take advantage of the
Extended Warranty you must:
- Register your HANSA product through the HANSA warranty registration process and identify your HANSA product by its machine serial number. Registration must be completed with ten (10) days from the date of purchase. Your warranty registration confirmation email is your identification for warranty service; and
- Have your registered HANSA product maintained in accordance with the schedule contained in the relevant owner’s manual supplied with the product by an authorised HANSA dealer for the applicable territory. In order to ensure the safe operation of your HANSA product, we strongly recommend that you only use an authorised HANSA dealer for servicing. The cost of routine or required maintenance and services is the responsibility of the purchaser. You must keep a record of all service and maintenance history as proof of servicing history. HANSA may request such servicing history when assessing any future warranty claim.
When making a claim for warrantable repairs under the Extended Warranty,
your warranty registration must accompany the HANSA product. If the warranty registration is lost or
destroyed, proof of purchase documentation clearly recognising the machine
serial number shall be accepted for warranty purposes. Where neither is available and HANSA does not
have any record of the purchaser’s details the warranty period shall be
calculated from the appropriate dealer wholesale sale date. Any claim under the applicable Warranty must
be made within the relevant warranty period specified below.
The Extended Warranty may be subject to
cancellation if the above requirements are not satisfied.
The Extended Warranty is available to domestic
(non-commercial) and commercial customers (excluding commercial customers in
the business of plant/equipment hire).
All HANSA products that have not complied with the Extended Warranty
registration and maintenance requirements are entitled to the “Non-Registered”
warranty period set out below.
Any authorised HANSA dealer is further
authorised to repair or replace any part which proves defective within the
limits of the Extended Warranty or Non-Registered Warranty (the “Warranties”)
at no charge to the owner, covering parts and labour. Consumable items such as but not limited to
oils, grease, blades and belts shall be the responsibility of the owner. All defective parts replaced under the
Warranties become the property of HANSA.
You (as owner) are responsible for all
shipping and transportation costs (including insurance) to and from an
authorised HANSA dealer for the product subject to a warranty claim.
The warranties shall NOT APPLY TO:
- Any damage which results from neglect of
periodic maintenance specified by HANSA.
- Any damage which results from repair or
maintenance operations by methods other than specified by HANSA.
- Any damage which results from misuse or
use beyond the limitations of the intended use specified by HANSA in the
operation, maintenance and safety manual, such as overloading, including
foreign objects such as stones, pieces of steel, glass etc. being dropped
into the running machine or use under abnormal conditions (in HANSA’s sole
- Any damage which results from use of
non-genuine parts, lubricant or fluid not approved by HANSA.
- Any damage resulting from modification or
installation in other products in a way not approved by HANSA which has
any influence on the function and/or performance of the products.
- Any damage which results from operation
other than specified in the Owner’s Manual either intentionally or by
- Fading of painted surfaces, deterioration
of plated surfaces, deterioration of rubber and plastics, including
rusting due to the passage of time.
- Normal phenomena such as noise, vibration
or oil seepage which are considered by HANSA as not affecting the quality,
function or performance of the product.
- Any damage due to improper storage or
- Consumable replacement items: Belts,
cutting blades, anvil, serviceable bearings.
- Periodical maintenance items such as
cleaning, inspection and adjustments.
- Any repair and/or adjustment performed by
persons other than an authorised dealer, or damage resulting therefrom.
- Any repair and/or adjustment to correct
improper or poor quality work previously performed.
- Incidental expenses incurred in the
warranty claim. For example: additional expenses such as those for towing,
communications, hotel and meals, incurred due to breakdown of the product
at a remote location. Any expense related to personal injury and/or
property damage, (exclusive of the product itself). Compensation for loss
of time, commercial losses or rental costs of a substitute product during
the period of adjustment.
- Any damage which results from unavoidable
natural disasters, fire, collision, theft, etc.
- Any normal wear or deterioration, such as
that of sliding or rotating parts caused under normal operating
conditions. For example: Normal wear pivot points, rod ends and
- Any damage resulting from exposure of the
product to soot and smoke, medicines and chemical agents, sea water, sea
breeze, salt or other environmental phenomena.
- HANSA reserves the right
to modify, alter and improve any product without incurring any obligation
to replace any product previously sold with such modification.
- In no event shall
HANSA’s liability exceed the purchase price of the product.
- Equipment and
accessories not of HANSA’s manufacture (such as engine, battery and tires)
are warranted only to the extent of the original manufacturer’s warranty
and subject to their allowance to HANSA only if found to be defective by
- HANSA reserves the
right to supply remanufactured parts as it deems appropriate.
HANSA Product Warranty Period
|36 months (Conditional)*
|36 months (Conditional)*
Each of the warranty periods stated above commence from the date on which you purchased your HANSA product.
This is a HANSA
extended warranty period for products that are:
- Purchased from an authorised HANSA Dealer.
- Registered at the time of sale through the Hansa Chippers website: www.hansachippers.com/registration
- Serviced by a HANSA Dealer in accordance with the Hansa service schedule using genuine HANSA parts.
- Extended Warranty is limited to 36 months or 1000 hours, whichever occurs first.
- Meeting all other warranty requirements.
Warranty periods vary depending on whether the purchaser is: (i) a
domestic (i.e. non-commercial) customer; (ii) commercial customer (excluding
plant/equipment hire businesses); or (iii) a commercial customer in the
business of plant/equipment hire.
1. Your rights:
- HANSA will recognise any implied rights and remedies that are available to you at law in the applicable territory and that cannot be excluded by HANSA.
- In New Zealand, Hansa Products Ltd will recognise your statutory rights under the Consumers Guarantee Act 1993 (provided that you are a consumer for the purposes of that Act).
- In Australia, this warranty is given by Hansa Products Pty Ltd. This warranty is provided in addition to other rights and remedies you have under law - our HANSA products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Laws.
2. If any provision of this warranty document is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of this warranty document and the remainder of the provisions in question will not be affected.
3. The English language version of this warranty document prevails over any translated version/s of its terms.
4. This warranty document is governed by the laws of New Zealand. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.
Hansa Products Limited
PO Box 10323
|Rest of World:
Please refer to www.hansaproducts.com for a current list of our authorised dealers and contact details relevant to your territory.